The Raiders had their second day of training camp practice today. Here are some notes. My information comes from Raiders beat writers via Twitter and can be found on Twitter as @LeviDamien @ChrisMcClain @CorkOnTheNfl (Steve Corkran) @VicTafur @AsherMatthews. I will be compiling all of their information throughout training camp. For all Raiders updates follow the writers above and Me at @sethmurphy4991.
- Receiver Jacoby Ford turned 26 today. Fans sang “happy birthday” to him.
- Newly signed OL Andre Gorude is practicing. he’s wearing #72. He worked at 3rd team C and had a couple fumbled snaps, adjusting to new team new QB.
- LBs worked on shedding blocks with a sled. Kevin Burnett flipped it
- RBs worked with resistance bands
- CB D.J. Hayden still wearing red non-contact jersey
- OT Watson, LB Burris, and DT Sims still not practicing
- Pryor made a couple of beautiful TD throws against air, pretty throws though
- LB Nick Roach played coverage against McFadden well one play. McFadden otherwise uncoverable
- QB Wilson clearly has the most zip on passes
- TE Ausberry had a strong day. He’s Improving.
- Mike Jenkins and Tracy Porter were starting CB today
- Barron and Barnes splitting time at RT again
- Pryor has better arm strength than Flynn (question is in game velocity with Pryor). Flynn’s arm leaves a lot to be desired
- Punting battle what most expected. King has higher farther punts but kluwe more consistent
- Rookie RB Latavius Murray is an athletic specimen
- Hayden broke up an under thrown pass to Streater from Flynn
- Bobby April had to be pleased with Taiwan Jones downing a Marquette King punt down at the 1 yard line
- Woodson joined the crowd of punt returners today
- Boyko, Jenkins, Sio Moore and Maiava didn’t finish practice but it doesn’t seem serious
That’s all for today I’ll update for anything note worthy