New York Giants defensive end Justin Tuck says no one should blame their defensive line for the lack of sacks so far this season.
“If I was the only one having a bad year numbers wise, then you could easily say ‘Justin doesn’t have it anymore,’ ” Tuck said Thursday via the New York Daily News. “But when Kiwi (Mathias Kiwanuka) is not having a good year, when JPP is not having a good year, when Cullen (Jenkins) is not having a good year, when whoever else is not having a good year, you might want to look into it a little deeper than the numbers.”
“I guarantee you if you get us in a game scenario in our favor we’ll be fine,” Tuck said. “But we haven’t had the opportunity to play downhill. If you look at the sack numbers from years past, normally we’re leading by two scores in a lot of those games.
“You get a team where you know they have to pass the ball, they’ve got to get five out, I don’t think an O-line in this league has a chance, regardless if it’s (against) us or anybody else.”
Tuck also claims that opposing offenses are getting the ball out quickly which is “not really giving us the opportunity to beat them with our front four.”
Sounds like a bunch of excuses to me. The Giants pass rush has been missing for the past three years now. The problem is that Tuck and the other ends can’t beat double teams and aren’t as good as they once were.
Tuck is simply washed up and done as an NFL player.