Eagles’ Jason Peters receives $2 million for injury lawsuit

jason peters

According to the Associated Press, Eagles left tackle Jason Peters will receive $2 million for an injury lawsuit in which he claims a rolling walker broke and caused him to re-injure his torn Achilles last year.

The lawsuit says Peters was using a Roll-A-Bout knee walker in March 2012 when it broke below the handlebar, three weeks after his initial surgery.

Lawyer Michael Trunk says Peters had to endure a second operation because of the setback. He missed the entire season.

Trunk says the product was sold for patients weighing up to 500 pounds, while Peters was listed at 340.

Lawyer Elizabeth Underwood, who represents the company, declined comment Wednesday. The suit was filed in federal court in Philadelphia.

Trunk says the 31-year-old Pro Bowler is eager to move past the lawsuit and focus on football.