Earlier this week, Lions wide receiver Calvin Johnson mentioned that he’s had a hard time closing his hand due to a possibility that he suffered nerve damage from a concussion.
Now Johnson claiming that he never suffered a concussion or nerve damage.
“I would like to clarify some of my comments from yesterday,” Johnson said in a statement released through the team’s media relations department, per The Detroit News. “I am aware that I did not suffer a concussion in our game against the Vikings earlier this year. I misused the terms ‘nerve damage’ and ‘concussion.’
“I have not suffered any nerve damage nor have I received any treatment for nerve damage. I did suffer a stinger and have also experienced the kind of wear and tear that most NFL players are dealing with at this point in the season.”
“With respect to the Minnesota game on Sept. 30, Calvin sustained a hit that resulted in him being removed from the game and evaluated pursuant to the appropriate concussion protocol by our team doctors,” said a statement released by the Lions. “He was also subsequently examined the following day and was found to have no concussion.
“Additionally, Calvin did not suffer any nerve damage. He sustained what is referred to as a ‘stinger’ and was able to finish the game.”
Sounds like the Lions are trying to cover up Johnson’s comments from earlier in the week.