Adrian Peterson almost died from eating gumbo

During last year’s training camp, Vikings running back Adrian Peterson almost died after having an allergic reaction while eating some gumbo.

“I thought I was Superman until I experienced that life-changing anaphylactic shock,” Peterson told USA TODAY Sports. “I was eating lunch and gobbled down a couple of bowls of gumbo.

“Then, 15 minutes later, I’m in my dorm room resting up. My eyes started itching and my throat was swelling up.

“I could barely breathe.”

Peterson kept himself calm and called Vikings trainer Eric Sugerman who injected him with EpiPen to help him breathe while they brought him to the hospital.

“I’m normally pretty good under pressure so I stayed calm, didn’t panic too much and just called to get the help I knew I needed,” Peterson said.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.