The raiders had their fourth day of camp today and their second padded practice. Here are some notes. My information comes from Raiders beat writers via Twitter and can be found on Twitter as @LeviDamien @ChrisMcClain @CorkOnTheNfl (Steve Corkran) @VicTafur @AsherMatthews @ChrisHansenNFL. I will be compiling all of their information throughout training camp. For all Raiders updates follow the writers above and Me at @sethmurphy4991.
- Sio Moore is back at practice today
- The Raiders signed LB Omar Gaither. He is wearing #52
- Jacoby Ford is not practicing today although he was on the field. The oft injured receiver can’t afford to keep missing practices.
- Lucas Nix fell in a pile and appears to have injured his knee. He was able to walk gingerly with a trainer off the field.
- The receiver battle for the 53 right now appears to include Conner Vernon, Brice Butler, Jacoby Ford, Juron Criner, Denarius Moore, Rod Streater and Josh Cribbs. Other receivers are having a lot of trouble holding on to passes. Teams rarely carry 7 receivers.
- D.J. Hayden getting more reps on first team defense today
- Pryor was ruffled after a short pass but it wasn’t too bad he’s fine.
- Tyvon Branch made some nice pass break ups today
- Matt Flynn was probably the QB of the day if you like to keep track of that stuff. Made some nice passes in team drills.
- Taiwan Jones struggled at the end of practice giving up a couple of TDs.
Thats it for today, fairly uneventful day compared to what we’ve been having i’ll update if there are developments.