As the Oakland Raiders open their first day of camp, many questions are answered and the journey to the regular season begins. My information comes from Raiders beat writers via Twitter and can be found on Twitter as @LeviDamien @ChrisMcClain @CorkOnTheNfl (Steve Corkran) @VicTafur @AsherMatthews. I will be compiling all of their information throughout training camp. For all Raiders updates follow the writers above and Me at @sethmurphy4991.
- D.J. Hayden is active for practice but is wearing a red non-contact jersey. He has been removed from Non-Football-Injury List.
- Rookie OT Menelik Watson, LB Miles Burris and DT Pat Sims worked with a trainer on a separate field and appear to be on the Non-Football-injury list
- DE Andre Carter has looked sharp as expected
- DC Jason Tarver is fired up as always
- QB Terrelle Pryor started off throwing a pick to CB Mike Jenkins but made up for it with some nice throws
- QB Wilson looked sharp early but later threw 3 interceptions in 4 throws
- WR Sam McGuffie had a couple of ugly drops and was shaken up on a collision with a DB but WRs Streater and Criner have looked good. Streater with TD catch over CB Porter
- Surprises on First team include: TE Richard Gordan getting the day one nod over Kasa, Rivera, Ausberry and OG Lucas Nix is running first team LG ahead of Tony Bergstrom
- DT Christo Bilkudi is filling in on first team DL for Sims
- Khalif Barnes and Alex Barron are both running at First Team RT. Watson expected to be in the mix as well when he begins to practice.
- Punters Chris Kluwe and Marquette King both punting well
- DJ Hayden was catching punts (I’m not sure if thats because he can’t participate in other drills or if he’s really being considered a PR)
- Others fielding punts: WRs Ford, Cribbs, Criner, Moore, and DBs Adams,Jenkins, Porter (I’m surprised DB Taiwan Jones and WR Conner Vernon weren’t fielding as well)
- QBs all look sharper than they did at OTAs for the most part. Flynn looked the best QB today.
- DB Corey Nells made a great athletic interception of Tyler Wilson pass to Conner Vernon
- All TEs looked unremarkable today
Thats it for practice I will update after Coach Dennis Allen answers a few questions
- Raiders Coach Dennis Allen Says that DJ Hayden wore red jersey as a precaution. Didn’t want to “throw him in to the fire” after 9-10 months off of football
- Burris and Watson are injured but no other information is known
- Hayden being on NFI list was a precaution as well and he was promptly removed from the list